Health Insurance Advisors has completed our analysis of the 2019 Non-ACA plans available with different insurance companies. Based on our research, we are recommending the UnitedHealthcare PPO Plan.
These plans do not cover Pre-existing conditions and are not appropriate for clients with recent or ongoing medical conditions.
These plans have very good coverage for accidents and new medical conditions that emerge after the policy start date.
Why consider the UnitedHealthcare PPO Short Term Plans? Because the other option, ACA / Obamacare plans have:
- HMO networks only – smaller provider networks
- No coverage for out of network services and no coverage outside of Georgia, except for emergencies
- There are no plans available with broad POS or PPO networks
- Are even more expensive than last year’s Plans.
UnitedHealthcare PPO Short Term Plans:
- Cost approximately 50-60% less than ACA / Obamacare compliant plans
- Have access to UnitedHealthcare Choice + PPO network in Georgia and nationally
- Require passing a simplified medical history questionnaire
- Are Not subject to the previous Healthcare Tax Penalty
- The Downside: Plans will not cover Pre-existing conditions, Preventative care or Pregnancy.
Please read the Pre-existing condition definition – think it through carefully how it will affect your family. The “look back” period is 24 months, please call with any questions.
These polices can now be made effective for 360 days, we recommend start date 1/6/2020 – ending on 12/31/2020.
Contact our office 404-575-1960 for the strategy how to bridge the coverage gap until 1/6.
UnitedHealthcare Exclusions, Limitations and Pre-Existing conditions definition, can be found on page 13-15 of the UHC PPO ST Plan Brochure 2020
To receive a personalized quote via email, send names, gender, dates of birth, tobacco user Y or N, and height & weight of all family members to be insured along with home zip code and county to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have read the Exclusions, Limitations and Pre-Existing conditions definition.
You must check the box above to verify you have read the Exclusions, Limitations and Pre-Existing conditions definition